The Competition See the Winning 2016 Video
You are an internationally-oriented psychologist-in-training who wants to spread the word about the benefits of being a member of APA’s International Psychology Division (D52). A great way to spread the word about D52 is by making a video! This is your chance to have fun, get creative and show your international flair in a video all about the value of being a member of the Division. Your video can be live action, white board images, musical or animated – the style and format is up to you!
How to Enter
- Produce a creative, informative, and fun 2-3 minute video that highlights the importance of Division 52 for psychologists-in-training interested in international issues.
- Create a free account on YouTube and upload your video to that account.
- Incorporate “APA Division 52 International Psychology 2016 Video Contest” in the title of your submission and add a brief description of 100 words or less.
- In the email include:
- Contestant first and last name, degree pursuing, and anticipated year of graduation.
- All video participants’ names, degrees, and anticipated years of graduation, if applicable**
**Participants are all individuals involved with the production of your video including, but not limited to, acting, filming, producing or narrating.
- Phone number
- Physical address
- Contestant’s email address
- Brief 100 word description of video
- Direct URL to your submission video
$100 and recognition by Division 52 at the APA Convention in Washington, D.C.
- Contestant videos may be created and submitted on behalf of yourself or a group.
- You, the contestant, must be working toward or have a PhD or PsyD in psychology AND be a member of Division 52. (You can join D52 at the time of your video submission if you are not currently a member. Membership can be accessed here: https://div52.org/membership/
- Your video can be no longer than three minutes and cannot infringe on any third-party copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
- All video narration must be in English.
- Any music included in a video must be original: all music and/or lyrics must be written and performed solely by video participants. The composition and performance may not have been published by you or any third-party prior to its appearance in the video.
- All submissions become the property of APA Division 52 to be used and excerpted at its discretion. Video contestant will be cited in all use. You may retain and use copies of your video for your own purposes.
- If a winning video is submitted on behalf of a group there will only be one prize awarded to the group.
- Deadline for submission: June 30th at 11:59pm EST.
- The winning entry will be creative, engaging, and memorable and insightfully show the importance of Division 52 as a professional association that supports international psychology and international psychologists-in-training.
- Judging will not give favor to entries based on the video quality, special effects, or other aspects beyond the scope of the core judging criteria that the value of being a member of the Division be highlighted.
- An announcement of the winners will take place on July 21. The winning videos may be shown at D52 events during the APA Convention and distributed on the Division listserv. The video will also be made accessible on the Division 52 website.
- The Division’s determination of all finalists and winners is not subject to any challenge. Division 52 reserves the right not to identify any winner if in its sole judgment no submission warrants such recognition.